Fall of 2012 I will be a college student once again. I will be going back to school to get my Undergrad/Bachelors in Massage/Holistic Studies. I am so excited to be heading back to school!!!! I never thought a career could be as satisfying as having a family. I love what I do at work, I really do. I hate the fact that what I do is "commission based" aka if I'm not touching a client, I don't get paid. Sure that's fun if I want to get out of jury duty but not where I want to be career wise.
So friends, the game plan is this..... I apply and get accepted. (No fear with a 3.5 GPA) This now gives me a year to apply and win scholarships or grants to pay for this. If I play my cards right, I might just find a way to pay for all this without taking money out of my own pocket. If this is the case, when I get my masters, I'm going to have one HELL of a party!!!!!!!!!
I absolutely LOVE what I do and just really want to get better at it. I know I have been out of the LJ loop lately. I have been reading but I don't know why I haven't posted in an eon but to sum the last year up (since Dec 2010) here is a quickly!
- Graduated from LIWS with a GPA of 3.5
- Got our second dog, Neptune. Now we have two young Border Terriers (Mercury and Neptune)
- Got a nice "starter" job at a local spa
- uliamos came for a wonderful visit in the very early spring. (And yes, Kel is still asking when you are coming back for a visit.)
- April 2011 Hubby came home from Iraq on disability (don't worry - he's ok physically)
- Spring of 2011 took hubby around to Dr's to help his PTSD/Anxiety - Something we will probably deal with forever but I'm working under the concept of if the military "broke" him, they bought him - read: they pay for it......
- Went on vacation in May with just hubby to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary. It was awesome and I didn't want to come home.
- Summer of 2011 - working like crazy but having a blast!
- Got a side job working as an Independent Massage Therapist to the Camden Riversharks. They are a minor league base ball team that is just across the river from Philadelphia. Yes uliamos , its that baseball field that you saw on the train on the way home from Philly. I get to work on those guys who are just totally lovely and I am honored to get to come in (and be the only woman in the club house (aka - locker room) and am happy to stay the entire time in the trainer's room. The Camden Riversharks are the nicest group of gentleman I have ever had the privileged to work on and be a part of the team.
- Ever since I started working with the Riversharks, their record had only gotten better. I love "my boys" to the end of the world and back again.
- Monday I sit for my National Exam for Massage. Eek!
- I am really hoping this will all workout to a professional (and salary) job with a bigger team or a local University.
- Heading to Disney in 2 weeks and Kel is off to kindergarten in 3 weeks.